Weekly Assignment 5 - 3D Scan and Model

 

Strawberry 3D Scan and Model
















I decided on a strawberry as my organic object to 3D scan and model. Above are simple photographs of my object, and below is the video of the 3D scan. I took around 80 photos of the strawberry, but there is still a lack of differentiation between the strawberry and the paper. I'm not sure why that kept happening, but regardless I think it took a great scan of the detail of the berry.


Next, the steps I took to model the berry in Rhino. Overall I think it went well, except that the two halves of the strawberry didn't perfectly match up after I mirrored them. As well, I wasn't sure how to delete the bounding box after I used it.


Step One

I uploaded photos of my object and traced two "rails" and a curve for the sweep tool to follow.  

Step Two

Next, I used the sweep2 tool to create a body, then mirrored it over to get two halves.  


Step Three

Then I went back and made a 2D tracing of the leaves using the polyline tool.  

Step Four

I made a planarsrf out of the above sketch, then extruded the shape and capped it. Then I created a bounding box and manipulated the shape so that the leaves had dimension.  


Step Five and Final Model

Lastly I positioned the leaves over the berry. My final model is pictured below.  





 

 

 


 

 


 




 

 

 


 

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 3 Week 1

Project 2 Week 1

Milestone Projects