Weekly Assignment 6 - 3D Print Test

 3D Printing Test


I created four shapes using the loft, shell, and twist tools. They are of varying difficulty, so that I will have options for a final print. I'm suspecting the twisted four-sided pyramid will have too much of a cantilever, but the other three options would all be safe bets I believe. 

When modelling these in Rhino, I found the twist tool to be giving me a lot of issues and positioning the axis between the four views seemed oddly impossible. I only got the twist to work on one of the shapes but twisting increases the cantilever so in terms of 3D printing, the non-twisted options will work better anyway.  

Update:

    This week I will test 3 objects that are each designed for a different result. One will be to test cantilevers failing, one will be to test a bridge fail, and one will test a contour drawing. Below is the Rhino file I'm planning to use. (Note: the contour shape was created using the CageEdit tool)


 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 3 Week 1

Project 2 Week 1

Milestone Projects