Project 1 Week 3

 

Project Progress

    I began by measuring the physical plates on a sheet of paper to obtain diameters and thicknesses. 

 




    I then input this data into Rhino and created 4 circles, then lofted them together to create a cohesive surface. 

    Next, I uploaded a reference photo of the designs on the plate and lined it up carefully with the lofted surface. I traced the design using a new layer color for each part of the design. I'm not sure if that was the right choice but I wasn't sure how to get multiple colors, and I'd like to know how to fill in the colors of the design so it's not just linework. 
 



    Once I had the plates rendered, I broke two plates by shattering them against the floor. 



    I then glued the plates back together. (One shard is missing because the glue wouldn't dry, but I will complete the glue job eventually.)


    I took these exact photos and imported them into Rhino, where I then traced over the cut lines in order to create my pattern for the laser engraving. For areas that chipped off, I used the hatch tool. 



    I then took the laser cut lines and situated them onto the previously rendered plates in order to update the design.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 3 Week 1

Project 2 Week 1

Milestone Projects